Welcome to the Fallout

I am not my job, I am not my school, I am not my family, I am not my furniture, I am not my computer.
I am me.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Weirdness

My father no longer lives with me.
It's a difficult thing for me to grasp.
But, hey, that's how life rolls.

I realized today that the reason that I don't get the grades is because I have no short-term motivation, nor can my family afford to give me any, really. So it pretty much sucks. But I've decided that I will try harder in school, so that I can give my mom and dad money when they need it, and so my kids will be able to go to college without so much hassle. It just bites that I have to be coming into my prime right as a gargantuan financial crisis hits.
Boohoo.

I started listening to more ska recently.
And I "got" Panic!'s two albums.
The first one is way better.
I think that I want to do stuff with music, like maybe produce somebody's album or something. Not for profession or anything, but just for fun, and so I could feel important.
That would be fun.

Something really sad that I was talking to my dad about the other day was when he brought up the topic of his dream job.
He would've loved to be a music producer, and I really wish he got to do that.
But things just didn't go that way for him.
So he didn't get to accomplish his dream.
I really hope that that doesn't happen to me.
I want to do what I want to do.
I know that sounds redundant, but I really hope I'll be able to not regret my decision for a career.
I want to do something ambitious.
I just noticed the other day how un-ambitious my dad's job is.
He works for the government, and hasn't been legitimately promoted in a while.
I want to do something with lots of opportunity.
But whatever, nobody really reads this anyway.


"Who could love me, I am out of my mind..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm reading
(Well. Obviously.)

And its going to be really weird being split between 2 places. Its going to be REALLY weird and REALLY frustrating.
But its good that you are resolving to buckle doen because in these type of crappy situations it is TOO, too easy to let it take over and neglect things that can't afford to be neglected.

One thing that will help though, with the school stress, is stop panicking over what's to happen ten years from now. Focus on doing the best you can day to day. Great daily grades add up to great overall grades. And honestly? In sophemore year, colleges could care less whether you got a B instead of an A 2nd quarter. They look at Jr/Sr year. And its only a passing glance because they have a zillion applications

jenehey said...

I am here.